Returns and Exchanges Policy
In this Returns Policy references to ‘Yamaha’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ means Yamaha Motor New Zealand Limited. This Returns Policy applies to all purchases made online through ShopYamaha.
This Returns policy is to be read in conjunction with the ShopYamaha Terms and Conditions of Use and our Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- Online purchases can be returned back to Yamaha's head office in accordance with this Returns Policy.
- Please note, any purchases from a Yamaha dealership, must be returned to the place of purchase to organise a credit or exchange. Dealership purchases cannot under any circumstances be processed via our web shop returns process.
If you have an account and wish to return any products purchased online, please return back to our online store and follow the procedure below:
- Login to My Account > My Orders > Returns.
- Download the ShopYamaha Returns Form.
- Complete the form, save and email directly to our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the team have received your form, it will be reviewed, and you will be given a six digit "Approval Number". This number needs to be written on the return label provided in your original parcel.
- Return the items back to Yamaha’s warehouse wrapped in the original packaging (if undamaged – otherwise use suitable packaging) and include a copy of your completed ShopYamaha Returns Form.
If you are requesting an exchange, you will receive an exchange for the items of equal or lesser value – please ensure that the details of what you would like to be exchanged are correct as they can only be granted once. For any warranty requests, our team will be in contact to assess the items covered under warranty.
If you are attempting to return a product outside of the 14 day period, you must contact email@example.com before the product is returned or it might be refused.
SHIPPING COSTS FOR RETURNING ONLINE
Your online order will be delivered to you in a reusable courier bag which can be used to package your return, however you must pay the cost of shipping products back to Yamaha. If you are returning a faulty product, Yamaha will arrange to refund your shipping costs after the product has been determined to be faulty in accordance with the Faulty Returns section below.
Yamaha is not liable for any loss, damage or delay arising from, or in connection with, the transport and return of the products to Yamaha. It is recommended to ship the products back to Yamaha using New Zealand Post or an equivalent secure postal service and ensuring a tracking number is provided.
If tracking is not purchased, and a parcel being returned is delayed or lost, this is not the responsibility of Yamaha and must be taken up directly with the chosen postal service provider. Please be advised that our online warehouse is not open to the public, and we do not accept in person drop offs of any merchandise.
All returns are subject to the following conditions (‘Return Conditions’), except in the case of faulty products which may be returned in accordance with the Faulty Returns section below.
Yamaha will offer a refund, exchange or Yamaha Credit, only if the return is made within 14 days of the:
- Original purchase date for online purchases;
- You have valid proof of purchase;
- The products are unused and in a saleable condition;
- The products have not been altered or damaged while with you; and
- The original packaging is still available.
Please be aware that unless a product is faulty, you cannot exchange or return it more than ONCE. If a product is not faulty, Yamaha retains the right to reject a return on the basis of a failure to adhere to these Return Conditions.
FULL PRICE RETURNS
Products purchased at full price may be returned for a refund, exchange or Yamaha Credit provided that the Return Conditions are satisfied and subject to Yamaha’s discretion on a case by case basis.
Except if the product is faulty, sale products can only be returned for a Yamaha Credit and provided that the product meets the Return Conditions above.
It is considered a sale product when a product is:
- marked at a discounted price;
- purchased during a temporary promotion period (for example, VIP Days, One Day sales, discount offers etc); or
- purchased using a coupon or a promotional code.
Please see the Sale Items and special offers provision of the ShopYamaha Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.
Yamaha is happy to offer a return if a product purchased is deemed as faulty. Bring your return to the store which you purchased the product from within a reasonable time with your proof of purchase (being a receipt or an applicable bank statement which can be confirmed as the purchase transaction) or send it through our Online Returns Process below.
When Yamaha receives the product, it will be assessed by a senior team member and the Yamaha Repairs Department (if required) and you will be notified of the outcome as to whether or not it is deemed as faulty in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
If the product is faulty, Yamaha will offer to repair, replace or refund the value of the product plus delivery charges. If you were informed the products were faulty at the time of the purchase, you will not be eligible to a return for the disclosed fault.
The process of assessment and repair may take up to 3 weeks from when the product is received by the Repairs Department. If for any reason, it will take a longer period of time, the customer will be notified of this within the 3 week time frame.
If the product has a major problem or cannot be repaired, you can choose a refund or exchange. A major problem is when the product:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the product if they had known about it;
- Is unsafe;
- Is significantly different from the sample or description; or
- Doesn’t do what Yamaha said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the product and Yamaha will compensate you for any drop in value.
Refunds will be returned to you in the manner you paid for the product (debit/credit card or your payment gateway), with the exception of cash, which will be returned to a debit card. If a debit credit card was used for the initial purchase, refunds will need to be placed on the same card. Any products purchased using Yamaha Credit or Yamaha Gift Cards, will be returned for Yamaha Credit.
Please allow up to 5 business days for this to be visible within your account.
For online returns, your return will be assessed within 48 hours of receiving it back at Yamaha's head office and you will receive an email once your return has been processed. Please allow up to 5 business days from the email for this to be visible within your account.
All of our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand consumer law. you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Returns Policy is not intended to replace, limit or exclude any rights available to you under the New Zealand consumer law.
If you have any questions, comments or queries please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to our other policies or terms and conditions on this website.
Last updated March 2020
© Copyright 2020 Yamaha Motor New Zealand Limited. All Rights Reserved.